Relationship Behavior in MSCRM
In Microsoft Dynamics CRM you can create different types of relationships. Below are the relationships that can be created:
In a relationship you can configure relationship behaviors. Below are the different relationship behaviors that can be configured in CRM:
In parental relationship, any action taken on the parent record is also taken on the child entity record. For example if the parent record is shared with a user, all the child records will also be shared with the same user.
In a referential relationship, the action taken on the parent entity record will not impact the child entity record
- Referential, Restrict Delete
In a referential, restrict delete relationship, the action taken on the parent record will not impact the child entity record but you cannot delete the parent record until the parent record exists
- Configurable Cascading
Configurable cascading allows the user to choose the behavior they want to be apply. Below are the behaviors that can be configured:
- Cascade All– This behavior performs an action on all the related child records. For example if my contact is assigned to an another user/ Team then all the child records should be assigned to the same user/ Team.
- Cascade None– This behavior performs no action on the child records
- Cascade Active– This behavior performs action only on the active records
- Cascade User- owned– This behavior performs action on the child records which are owned by the same user as parent
- Remove Link– This behavior only removes the link for the child record without modifying anything on the record.